The Asia Trail Girls Podcast - Episode #4
With Amy Sproston
In Episode Four of The Asia Trail Girls Podcast we sit down with Amy Sproston - an American elite ultra runner based in Jordan who did not only become the first woman running the full 662k Jordan Trail but also beat the previous record by over 24 hours!
In Episode Four we discuss...
- Reasons behind doing the FKT and the deeper meaning behind her big adventure
- Struggles while learning the route and trying to navigate the Jordan Trail
- Plan for the challenge and how it deviated from reality
- Dangers and issues Amy faced throughout the challenge
- Amy's life as an ultra runner
- Gender issues in sports
- How you don’t necessarily need a coach, a strict training or nutrition plan
- How a Mc Donald’s double cheese burger is the perfect nutrition for an ultra